Attendance

Appointments during the school day

May I remind parents that we do not encourage any medical appointments during the school day, although, I do know on occasions that this cannot be avoided.  If your child does have to attend an appointment during this time we will need to see evidence of the appointment. Please bring either the confirmation letter or the appointment card to school at the time.

Punctuality

Can I politely remind parents / carers that school starts at 8.50am and that children should be ready to enter the classroom as soon as the first bell sounds. The second bell sounds to inform teachers it is time to close all doors promptly at 8.55am. If the 8.55am bell rings as you are bringing your child/ren to school you are already late and your child will be given a late mark on the register. In inclement weather doors allowing access to the school will open at 8.40am. The junior gates open at 8.40am and the yard is supervised by staff, therefore children can come onto site in the juniors from this time, in readiness for the beginning of the day. The infant yard is not supervised so we request that for safeguarding reasons younger children are not left on the infant yard.

Reporting Absences

When leaving messages to report your child’s absence please inform us of the specific reason for absence. Leaving messages which inform us that children are ‘ill’ provide us with insufficient information.

Request for Absence Form

REQUEST FOR  ABSENCE